TAKE CARE NOTES
How To Take Care of Your Silk Scarf ?
1. Pay attention to the care instructions. Silk scarves a delicate textiles and needs to be handled with care. Elasticities twill silk scarves like many other silk scarves are recomended to be dry cleaned.
p.s. Just make sure, the dry cleaner won't stamp a paperclip directly into your silk garment!
2. Do not put your silk scarf in the washing machine. Silk, in particular, requires gentle washing to keep its fibers intact. You can wash you silk scarf with hands in a warm water using Castile or other natural soaps.
3. Do not wring, twist, or rub your silk scarf. But if your scarf got wet, a better way to dry it is to lay it flat on a dry towel, then press and roll the towel to squeeze out the water.
4. Never expose to direct sunlight. Intense heat can damage the silk fibers. Plus of course, there’s the fact that direct sunlight can make a fabric lose it's color.
5. Never use harsh chemicals on your scarf (bleach, perfume, etc.) Harsh chemicals can compromise silk fibers and can even cause stains or unwanted spots. Try to avoid spraying perfume onto it directly.
6. Do not iron your silk scarf on a high heat. If you must remove wrinkles on your silk scarf, never iron it while it is dry. Iron while damp. Don’t spot damp either, as these could create circle or round marks that are ugly. Make sure iron is set on ‘cool’.
7. If your scarf got wrikkled, try to hang it in the bathroom while taking a shower. Steam and moisture will release the fibers.
8. Keep your scarf in an airtight containers or a box that is clean and dry. You may also hang your silk scarves, but make sure the area where you will hang them is clean, dry, and airy.